Why just read about a case study when you can experience one?
Cogent Education’s Interactive Cases provide engaging real world scenarios allowing you to explore a variety of science-based careers and dive into the "molecular" world to solve a real world problem. Each Interactive Cases concentrates on one of the most challenging concepts in Biology.
In our Interactive Case on Action Potential, you play the role of an emergency room physician, where you must help a young man who is experiencing painful muscle spasms. The patient was out hiking earlier in the day and must have been stung or bitten.
After reviewing your patient's symptoms you will learn the fundamentals of action potentials by exploring an embedded Interactive Guide, which contains simulations and animations to help explain the core concepts of action potentials.
Next, you’ll fly into your patient's calf and start your investigation by collecting and analyzing data from his neurons. This will enable you to form & test a hypothesis, and communicate your findings. All along the way, you’ll be learning key concepts and developing and honing your problem solving skills.
Our award-winning Interactive Cases:
• present key science concepts in the context of engaging real-world scenarios
• allow you to use critical thinking to practice problem-solving skills
• enable you to interact with virtual molecular and cellular worlds
• align to Next Generation Science Standards and AASL Standards for the 21st-Century Learner.
• are research-based and proven to improve learning and problem-solving skills (3-year independent study with 2,300 students)
• provide a real-time formative assessment tool that enables teachers to differentiate and personalize their instruction
• are funded by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health
• can be completed in approximately 45-90 minutes.
• allow users anytime, anywhere access, which offers additional time to develop and hone problem-solving skills
You’ll never view science the same way again!
Note: A Cogent Education subscription is required to use this case study.
This case study is not recommended to use on phones due to the font size.
IC: Action Potential is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-01-08. The program can be installed on Android.
IC: Action Potential (version 1.051) has a file size of 74.45 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.